Arizona Revised Statutes Section 36-2803 – Rulemaking
A. Not later than one hundred twenty days after the effective date of this chapter, the department shall adopt rules:
1. Governing the manner in which the department shall consider petitions from the public to add debilitating medical conditions or treatments to the list of debilitating medical conditions set forth in section 36-2801, paragraph 3, including public notice of, and an opportunity to comment in a public hearing upon, petitions.
2. Establishing the form and content of registration and renewal applications submitted under this chapter.
3. Governing the manner in which it shall consider applications for and renewals of registry identification cards.
4. Governing nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries, for the purpose of protecting against diversion and theft without imposing an undue burden on nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries or compromising the confidentiality of cardholders, including:
(a) The manner in which the department shall consider applications for and renewals of registration certificates.
(b) Minimum oversight requirements for nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries.
(c) Minimum recordkeeping requirements for nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries.
(d) Minimum security requirements for nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries, including requirements for protection of each registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary location by a fully operational security alarm system.
(e) Procedures for suspending or revoking the registration certificate of nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries that violate the provisions of this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant to this section.
5. Establishing application and renewal fees for registry identification cards and nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary registration certificates, according to the following:
(a) The total amount of all fees shall generate revenues sufficient to implement and administer this chapter except that fee revenue may be offset or supplemented by private donations.
(b) Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary application fees may not exceed $5,000.
(c) Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary renewal fees may not exceed $1,000.
(d) The total amount of revenue from nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary application and renewal fees and registry identification card fees for nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agents shall be sufficient to implement and administer the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary provisions of this chapter, including the verification system, except that the fee revenue may be offset or supplemented by private donations.
(e) The department may establish a sliding scale of patient application and renewal fees based upon a qualifying patient’s household income.
(f) The department may consider private donations under section 36-2817 to reduce application and renewal fees.
B. The department is authorized to adopt the rules set forth in subsection A and shall adopt those rules pursuant to title 41, chapter 6.
Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies. This text is current as of 12/26/10. Check here for updates.