Read the text of the October 18, 2010, version of Globe’s proposed medical marijuana dispensary zoning ordinance. Here are the highlights:
- A Medical Marijuana Dispensary may be not be located within any Residential District
- A Medical Marijuana Dispensary may only be located in C-2, C-3, M-1 or M-2 Zoning Districts pursuant to a conditional use permit as may be approved pursuant to Section 14-10-6 of this Code, except that the recommendation of the Planning Commission shall also be reviewed and approved by the City Council prior to the issuance of a conditional use permit for a Medical Marijuana Dispensary.
- A Medical Marijuana Dispensary shall not be located within Five Hundred (500′) feet of any public park, school or another Medical Marijuana Dispensary.
- No person under the age of eighteen (18) may be present at a Medical Marijuana Dispensary except with the prior approval of the Chief of Police, or designee, for good cause shown.
- Only persons with a Registry Identification Card, as defined by A.R.S. 36-2801 (14), authorized licensees, and authorized employees may be present at a Medical Marijuana Dispensary.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be sold, served, or consumed on the premises.
- Dispensaries are to be designed and constructed so that no area or portion where marijuana can be visible from the exterior while requiring the entrance to be visible from a public street.
- Drive through and delivery services are prohibited.
- Hours of operation shall be only from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.